Why Mold Is Such a Serious Problem
If you’re a victim of water damage, mold may start to grow rapidly. If you’ve recently purchased a new home, only to discover mold after an inadequate inspection, this can be a very costly issue. Besides presenting serious health risks, mold feeds on natural materials like wood and paper, compromising finishes, furniture, flooring, building materials, and even a building’s structure.
Mold isn’t easily eliminated or contained. Treating it with household disinfectants and cleaners may mask the problem, but mold is composed of millions of microscopic spores, which can travel through the air, get into unseen areas, and continue to multiply. Simply painting over mold may also conceal it, but it’s only a temporary solution. The mold will continue to grow under the newly painted surface. Within a short time, the paint will begin to peel as the mold continues to flourish.
Certain types of mold can be toxic, particularly black mold. Mold can cause allergic reactions, exacerbated asthma symptoms, upper respiratory problems, skin rashes, and flu-like symptoms. Infants, children, elderly people, pregnant women, and people with a pre-existing illness or a compromised immune system may be affected more severely by mold.
When It’s Time To Call a Professional
After 48 hours of dampness in any building, mold removal and remediation is necessary to avoid health hazards and costly damage. At PRC Restoration & Construction Inc., each of our IICRC certified mold remediation experts specialize in identifying mold and performing safe, highly effective mold removal and remediation procedures. We do everything we can to protect your property, along with the health of you and your family, tenants or employees.
The PRC Mold Removal and Remediation Procedure:
- A PRC mold remediation specialist will arrive within the hour, identify the source of the mold and assess the extent of invasion
- PRC will identify a third party specialty service to prepare a formal mold report. Our experts will provide you with an explanation of the completed report
- PRC will contain the area to prevent the escape of mold spores and seal all air vents
- We then remove the cause of the mold
- Any items contaminated by mold will be safely removed
- We’ll then perform a thorough drying procedure
- All affected areas will be treated with mold remediation procedures